Special bed for Patients/Incubators
Special beds/incubators may be available to accommodate special needs arising from illness or health related problems.
To take advantage of this service, we encourage passengers to contact any of KAC's worldwide sales offices who in turn will coordinate with the airline’s medical center & engineering department. A full normal one-way fare is charged for a stretcher patient & attendant. Additionally, a surcharge of 700% is charged for the stretcher in economy class.
Incubators are charged 300% of the normal one-way fare during peak seasons and 200% during off peak seasons. Incubator patients & attendants will be charged 100% of the normal one-way fares. Oxygen will be charged at 200% of the normal one-way fare.
Generally, passengers with disabilities do not need to give any advance notice to KAC. However, in certain instances in order to offer the passenger the proper care and assistance, KAC may require advance notice as follows:
- 72 hours advance notice for use of medical oxygen supplied by KAC for international flights.
- 48 hours advanced notice for use of a respirator, ventilator, POC or CPAP.
- 48 hours advance notice for carriage of an incubator.
- 48 hours advance notice for passengers travelling on a stretcher.
For flights to and from the U.S., a safety assistant must accompany passengers traveling in a stretcher or incubator. The safety assistant must be at least 16 years old, must not have reduced mobility, and must not accompany any other passengers requiring assistance.
Our special services will ensure:
- On board availability of all medical equipment.
- Direct transportation of passenger to and from arrival/departure gates.
KAC has 3 types of wheelchairs available:
- WCHC - Up to the seat of aircraft.
- WCHS - For steps.
- WCHR - For ramp.
KAC does not charge passengers for wheelchairs and advance notice is not required for flights to or from the U.S. If it is possible, please contact us prior to your flight's departure so that we can better serve your specific needs.
Specially Disabled Passengers (deaf/mute/blind/other)
Our staff from Special service unit will receive and assist those passengers (departing/arriving) in passport control procedures and check in.