Kuwait Airways aims at setting the standard for customer orientation and become an admired airline to fly, to invest in, and to work for. To provide customer-oriented services that meet the individual needs and preferences of our clients. For clients who look for best-in-class services, we provide for them a premium product. For clients seeking value for money, we provide a reliable economy product. Our philosophy is to be an airline with a global reach and a local touch. Our clients will appreciate our services that enhance both novelty and tradition.
- To provide customer-oriented services that meet the individual needs and preferences of our clients.
- For clients who look for best-in-class services, we provide for them a premium product.
- For clients seeking value for money, we provide a reliable economy product.
- Our philosophy is to be an airline with a global reach and a local touch. Our clients will appreciate our services that enhance both novelty and tradition.
- To serve the entire community of Kuwait
- To become the preferred carrier for inbound business travel.
- To become a link for Business and Leisure travel between Eastern and Western regions.
- We are an international airline. We connect the Kuwaiti economy and society with the world whenever it is economically feasible.
- We are an important link. The geographic location of Kuwait allows us to link with the GCC countries, the Indian sub-continent and Asia with Europe, and the USA and vice versa.
- To grow in line with the market demand in Kuwait and capture further growth opportunities in the Middle East.
- To provide a viable investment opportunity to the private sector.
- For us, financial viability is the key to become a trusted and respected enterprise to our investors, customers and employees.
- After the Liberation of Kuwait in 1991, we proudly rebuilt Kuwait Airways. With the same spirit we look at the future and take the challenge of transforming Kuwait Airways into a profitable enterprise.
- We believe that highly-motivated and well-trained employees can show distinguished performance. Therefore we empower our employees by providing rewarding career opportunities and excellent training.
- To use technology to improve our product reliability, safety and on-time performance.
- To use integrated Management Information Systems to support the management decision-making by providing accurate and actual information on market and own performance.
- To become a catalyst for the future economy of Kuwait and the neighboring regions.
- To build a strong relationship with the local community, especially with suppliers.
- As the flag carrier of Kuwait, to continue to be associated with success and excellent performance.
We optimize our operations to make great deals and cheaper flights for you. We are in the air travel business since 1954. Purchase your ticket and enjoy your trip with us.
Kuwait Airways Company has always proved its ability to be competitive and distinct in rendering services to all its passengers. This was substantiated when KAC attained the certificate of the American Federal Control Board for meeting the safety conditions, and also the certificate of the European Community Group for Rules & Regulations upon which it was certified to perform maintenance on aircraft, equipment and engines for other airline companies holding this certificate.
Kuwait Airways Company was also selected for
Air Safety Award 2000 for its outstanding record of Air Safety. The award was based on Kuwait Airways consistency in meeting all the important international safety standards such as FAA's International Aviation Safety Assessment Program (IASA) in which Kuwait Airways ranked in category 1. On behalf of the statistical support team at Air Safety Awards, Mr. Larry Haverkamp, Executive Director of Air Safety Awards, visited Kuwait Airways and presented the airline with the Year 2000 Air Safety Award for
'Best Airline for Air Safety'.
Throughout its history, even during the turmoil of Gulf War, Kuwait' safety standard were not questioned.
Kuwait Airways continues to pursue its objectives of rendering distinct services to its passengers who are naturally its top priority, and it has initiated the Oasis Club to service its frequent flyers. KAC has offered its worldwide customers the opportunity to be the members of Oasis Club and avail the attractive privileges of miles, discounts, etc.
Kuwait Airways Holidays is another section which is endeavoring to provide exclusive attractive offers for holiday travelers.
Moving with the fashion and the times, Kuwait Airways has a new attractive uniform for its crew, a combination of quality and innovation. In its aspiration to promote the tourism activities in Kuwait and support the national economy, Kuwait Airways has participated in the establishment of the
Kuwait Tourism Services Company in partnership with the
Union of Kuwait Hotels' Owners as well as the
Tourism Projects Company.
Kuwait Airways has also participated in launching
"Hala February" in February 1999 and since then these annual shopping festivals, have successfully promoted tourism in Kuwait and increased the number of visitors and tourists in Kuwait.
Kuwait Airways has a special section at Kuwait Airport for the benefit of
Special Needs Passengers. This counter takes care of all their travel needs providing such passengers the required ease to travel.
Kuwait Airways aircraft boasts of a sumptuous array of
menus of varied cuisines, taking care of every passenger in a special way. There are even
special menus for passengers with diabetes or high blood pressure.
For the benefit of passengers, Kuwait Airways is at your service
24/7 through our Call Center on
171 and for corresponding with your comments and suggestions, please contact our Customer relations team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards for Services
KAC received 7 awards in January 2003 'Onboard Service Awards Magazine, in USA.
The services that were awarded included, Onboard Service, Comfort of the Passenger, Onboard Entertainment, Onboard Safety and Security and Onboard Menus and the Menu Service.
In May 2004, Kuwait Airways was once again awarded by Onboard Services Award Magazine, USA.. During the 18th Annual Presentation which was held in Salt Lake City Utah USA, Kuwait Airways won 9 awards for the innovative services rendered to passengers – Special Kids Meal, Onboard Entertainment, Cabin Crew Proficiency, Uniforms, Onboard Safety, Menu Presentation, Costa Coffee, Onboard Comfort and the Overall Award. For the first time Overall Award was presented by the Magazine and Kuwait Airways bagged it as well!
Kuwait Airways Company continues to pursue growth and innovation for the satisfaction of its passengers.
On the wave of the oil boom of the 1940s, a national carrier was born in 1954. Initially, Kuwait Airways Company served a limited network of Basra, Abadan, Beirut, Damascus and Jerusalem however a year later the fledgling carrier was facing economic hardship, and the government of Kuwait took a 50% interest in the airline, subsequently doubling the company's capital. Having entered the rough and tumble world of aviation, the government finally took out 100% share in Kuwait Airways.
Kuwait Airways entered the jet age in 1962 by leasing a Comet 4-C, the world's first jet-engined airliner. In the 1960s, the national carrier rapidly expanded its route map, and scheduled services to London begun three times a week. To keep pace with fast-moving aviation needs, three Boeing 707s were delivered in 1968. Ten years later, Kuwait Airways had an all -Boeing 707 fleet of eight aircraft.
In 1978, Kuwait Airways entered the wide-body age by taking delivery of its first two B747-200s, adding a third the following year. This expansion permitted Kuwait Airways to extend its network to New York to the west and Manila to the east.
Modernization of the fleet continued, and four B727-200s were delivered in 1980-1981. Two years later eight Airbus A310s and A300-600s were delivered, and in 1986 three Boeing 767-200ER aircraft joined the wide-body fleet.
Following the destruction of its premises and 15 of its aircraft during the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, the airline was relaunched. Kuwait Airways fleet now comprises 10 B777-300(ER), 10 A320-200CEO, and 5 A330-200, bringing the fleet to 25 aircrafts, equipped with the latest entertainment systems.
From August 2019 on, Kuwait Airways will further expand its fleet with the latest generation Airbus A320-NEO aircraft. From 2020 on, new generation Airbus A330-800 will join the fleet, and the next step will be the planned delivery of long-haul Airbus A350.
Kuwait Airways aims to re-establish its network to reach more than 46 countries around the globe with a firm commitment to providing the finest service and comfort to passengers while continuing to rank safety as one of highest priorities.