Passengers booked to travel between 22nd February 2020-31st December 2020, are eligible for Refund /Re-issue /Re-routing without Penalty Charges for the tickets issued prior to 30th April 2020.
** For tickets outside of those dates not covered by this policy, normal fare rules apply for re-bookings or cancellations.
Re-booking / Re-issue Penalty Policy for flight cancellation due to COVID-19 Situation:
Due to the Kuwait Airport Closure, Involuntary Waiver on Reissue for travel effective 21 December 2020 till 01 January 2021,: Partially/Fully unutilized tickets can be Re-booked/Re-routed/Re-issued within 2 years from date of issue without Penalty. Any difference in Fare, Taxes, Surcharges will be applicable based on the travel and ticketed date. If any prepaid Seat/Bag purchased, shall be associated to the new Booking.
- Effective 24 January 2021 non-refundable tickets maybe refunded without penalty if your travel dates fall between 21 December 2020 -01 January 2021, due to Kuwait Airport closure or alternatively ticket maybe reissued valid till 21 January 2022.
Refundable/Non Refundable tickets are permitted to Re-issue /Re-route without charging reissue /rerouting penalty fees.
- Any difference in Fare, Taxes, Surcharges will be applicable based on the travel and ticketed date.
- Tickets Issued from 01 July 2020 – 30 September 2020 for Travel Effective 01 August 2020 – 31 December 2020 for
Cancelled Flights Only may Re-book/Re-route/Re-issue their tickets without penalty based on the booking class in the Original Ticket.
Refund / Cancellation Penalty Policy for flight cancellation due to COVID-19 Situation:
Due to the Kuwait Airport Closure for travel effective 21 December 2020 till 01 January 2021,
- refund applies with penalty.
For Other Refund cases, refer below
- Partially utilized tickets : Refund permitted on the unused component of any tickets.
For tickets issued in USA for the cancelled flights, the DOT (Department of Transportation) rules and regulations will be enforced.
Non Refundable Tickets
- **For tickets issued in USA for the cancelled flights, the DOT (Department of Transportation) rules and regulations will be enforced.
- **For tickets issued in Europe for the cancelled flights, the EU rules and regulations will be enforced.
- For tickets issued in Kuwait as per Kuwait DGCA Memo 79/2020 dated 23 July 2020 and D.CF/266/42 date 02 Dec 2020
- Travel dates
14 March 2020 - 31 July 2020 are applicable for Full refund or Reissue and can request up to 2years from the date of Issue of the original ticket.
REBOOKING / RE-ISSUE / RE-ROUTE:
For all tickets booked on kuwaitairways.com / Kuwait Airways APP / any KAC Offices, you can re-book your tickets by telephoning our Call Center (171) or visiting the nearest Kuwait Airways Office.
For valid tickets booked on kuwaitairways.com / Kuwait Airways APP, you may apply for refund Online via
For valid tickets issued through any of our Offices, please visit the nearest
Kuwait Airways Office for the Refund.
For valid tickets booked through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent for rebooking or refunding of your booking.