Passengers booked to travel between 22nd February 2020-31st December 2020, are eligible for Refund /Re-issue /Re-routing without Penalty Charges for the tickets issued prior to 30th April 2020.
** For tickets outside of those dates not covered by this policy, normal fare rules apply for re-bookings or cancellations.
Re-booking / Re-issue Penalty Policy for flight cancellation due to COVID-19 Situation:
Refundable/Non Refundable tickets are permitted to Re-issue /Re-route without charging reissue /rerouting penalty fees.
- Any difference in Fare, Taxes, Surcharges will be applicable based on the travel and ticketed date.
- Companion Offer tickets are allowed to re-book/re-issue their Tickets for travel between 01 September 2020 - 31st December 2020, without Reissue Penalty Fee.
- Tickets Issued from 01 July 2020 – 30 September 2020 for Travel Effective 01 August 2020 – 31 December 2020 for
Cancelled Flights Only may Re-book/Re-route/Re-issue their tickets without penalty based on the booking class in the Original Ticket.
Refund / Cancellation Penalty Policy for flight cancellation due to COVID-19 Situation:
- Fully unutilized tickets : Full Refund applicable without any refund penalty fees.
- Partially utilized tickets : Refund permitted on the unused component of any tickets.
Non Refundable Tickets
- for travel between 22nd February 2020 - 30th April 2020 : Full Refund applicable without any refund penalty fees.
- for travel between 01st May 2020 - 31st December 2020 : No Refund applicable
- **For tickets issued in USA for the cancelled flights, the DOT (Department of Transportation) rules and regulations will be enforced.
- **For tickets issued in Europe for the cancelled flights, the EU rules and regulations will be enforced.
- For tickets issued in Kuwait as per Kuwait DGCA Memo 79/2020 dated 23 July 2020, tickets with
- Travel dates 22 February 2020-31 July 2020: are applicable for Full refund without refund penalty. Refund to be processed on/before 30 September 2020.
- Travel dates 01 August 2020-31 December 2020: No Refund applicable
- Tickets Issued from 01 July 2020 – 31 August 2020 for travel Effective 01 August 2020 – 31 December 2020 may refund their tickets without any Refund Penalty for
Cancelled flights Only OR EMD can be issued valid for One year from the Date of Issue of Ticket.
Travel Voucher - Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD): Passengers may choose to apply for a refund as above or choose to save for future travel in the form of a Travel Voucher (EMD) valid for 2 years from its date of issue.
REBOOKING / RE-ISSUE / RE-ROUTE:
For all tickets booked on kuwaitairways.com / Kuwait Airways APP / any KAC Offices, you can re-book your tickets by telephoning our Call Center (171) or visiting the nearest Kuwait Airways Office.
For valid tickets booked on kuwaitairways.com / Kuwait Airways APP, you may apply for refund Online via
For valid tickets issued through any of our Offices, please visit the nearest
Kuwait Airways Office for the Refund.
For valid tickets booked through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent for rebooking or refunding of your booking.